Massive Company is celebrating its 30th year, and we're looking for a super savvy Fundraising Manager to join our small but awesome team.
This role involves delivering Massive’s Revenue Generation Strategy (RGS), which includes managing fundraising/crowdfunding campaigns, managing and developing Massive’s patron programme and assisting with marketing and grant writing tasks as related to the RGS. The Fundraising Manager reports directly to the General Manager of Massive Company.
This role is a 12-month, part-time contract (approximately 25 hours/week) with a flexible start date (before the end of 2021) with potential to expand beyond contract dates.
Fundraising / Donor Programme activities:
- Reference and deliver towards Massive’s RGS developed in 2021
- Use Funding HQ software to manage and develop the RGS (training and ongoing mentoring will be provided)
- Create a strong fundraising message, based on Massive’s RGS and Kaupapa, that appeals to potential donors
- Research prospective avenues for donors and philanthropic giving and implement a regular donor programme
- Organise one-off, focused fundraising campaigns or events as necessary
- Maintain records of donor information for future use, setting up and managing a fundraising directory
- Manage relationships with donors to ensure they remain engaged with Massive and work through a stewardship programme as outlined in the RGS
- Ensure that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied
- Assist the GM to research trusts, foundations and other opportunities that could potentially be applied to in order to meet budget income targets
- Assist with funding applications as required
Management and financial tasks:
- Work with General Manager to prepare annual income and expenditure fundraising budgets for approval
- Record, monitor and report financial progress
- Establish, maintain and update donor database
- Prepare reports as necessary
- Manage post-donation comms with donors (i.e. tax receipts, thank-yous for donations and ongoing news of Massive)
- Recruit and manage volunteers for fundraising projects as necessary
Marketing and PR tasks:
- Liaise with Digital Channels Manager and marketing team to create and deliver content, posting via digital platforms, social and other media) to ensure fundraising messaging is consistent and aligned across Massive’s marketing channels
- Liaise with designer, videographer, etc to create and collaborate on any digital marketing collateral content
- Liaise with any PR representatives re events, etc as necessary
- A core understanding and alignment with the Kaupapa, vision and mission of Massive Company
- Experience in understanding and implementing fundraising / revenue generation strategies
- Experience in donor development and grant writing will be an advantage
- Exceptional people skills with the ability to build and manage relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a particular focus on creative copy
- Research skills and attention to detail - sourcing information and statistics, researching trends, assessing costs
- Knowledge and experience in using digital channels (social media, etc)
- Experience in analysing data/results and being pro-active/re-active with information
- Resilience and flexibility
- Knowledge of the arts, not-for-profit and/or charitable trust sector
- A great sense of humour will get you bonus points
- Must be a NZ citizen, NZ permanent resident or hold a valid NZ work permit
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to Massive's General Manager | Kaiwhakahaere Matua email@example.com by 29 October 2021.
Link to Massive's kaupapa has been provided. We encourage applicants to read over this before applying. If you have any questions please get in touch via email or on 021 114 2679.
Ngā mihi nui