Exhibitions Project Manager (Fixed Term)
Closes26 Nov 2021
Posted on5 Nov 2021
Work typeFixed Term
Work classificationCulture & Heritage
MOTAT is an interactive museum with a focus on creating a fun, visually stimulating environment for our visitors. It is home to a unique mix of collections and experiences and our vision is to educate and inspire the innovators of tomorrow.
We are looking for an experienced Exhibitions Project Manager to hit the ground running on a one-year fixed term parental leave position within our dedicated and passionate Exhibitions team. You will be someone who thrives in an environment where our visitors are at the forefront of what we do, and where we aim to attract a diverse audience through the successful delivery of our vibrant and interactive exhibitions programme. This is an exciting time to join a team with a huge amount of experience and enthusiasm to position MOTAT as a ‘must experience’ venue here in Tāmaki Makaurau.
We want to hear from you if you feel you have:
- Minimum five years’ project delivery experience, ideally gained in a museum or gallery or a similar arts organisation such as film, TV or theatre. A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable.
- Business acumen and project management skills including budgeting and budget management, scheduling, reporting and risk management.
- Experience managing external contractors such as designers and fabricators.
- Understanding of the exhibition development process and the work phases, roles and tasks therein.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to influence and proactively work with employees and suppliers and contractors such as designers and fabricators.
- Negotiation, communication, research, and organisational skills.
- Flexible, adaptive, and positive and work to short time frames.
- A confident team leader and manager who applies creative problem-solving skills to challenges and who thrives on motivating a multidisciplinary project team.
- Confident with a range of software including Microsoft Office, Teams, project management tools etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, holidays and weekends as needed for exhibition delivery.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced project manager looking to step into a vibrant and fast-paced organisation that attracts thousands of visitors every week. Along with joining a team of passionate and skilled people, you will also get the benefit of birthday leave, additional KiwiSaver contributions and a MOTAT annual pass for you and your family.
Apply now to become part of an exciting journey at MOTAT.