Location Taki Rua Productions, Te Haukāinga, Level 1, 274 Taranaki Street, Wellington
Type Full Time Permanent Employment
Role Title Kaiwhakahaere Matua (General Manager)
Salary Band $80,000 - $120,000 per annum, depending on experience
Taki Rua Productions - Aotearoa's Foremost Māori Theatre Company.
Taki Rua produce, commission and develop theatre with a distinctively Māori voice. We collaborate with the brightest voices in our industry, touring productions locally, nationally and internationally.
Since 1983, Taki Rua has been an arts industry leader – a creative rule breaker, continually evolving the definition of Māori theatre. We exist to connect our past and present and ensure Māori voices are heard worldwide.
Each year our team develop new works, supporting a range of talent and ensuring Māori theatre remains bold and contemporary. Our productions offer important contributions to New Zealand’s creative discourse, providing insight into the development of our nation.
Taki Rua are now seeking a Kaiwhakahaere Matua (General Manager) for full time permanent employment.
The Kaiwhakahaere Matua is responsible for leading the day-to-day operation and productions of Taki Rua Productions Society Incorporated (Taki Rua) as a leading Māori Theatre and performing arts production company. The Kaiwhakahaere Matua leads a team of employees who deliver the productions, administration and funding-related work of the company. The Kaiwhakahaere Matua is a member of the executive team led by the Kahukura, alongside the Kaiarataki Toi.
To be successful in this role..
- You have demonstrated experience in arts management within the performing arts industry.
- You have an awareness of, and ideally competency in, te ao Māori environments, coupled with a recognition of the implications of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- You are a collaborative leader with the ability to think on your feet and engage meaningfully with arts professionals.
- You have excellent communication skills, influencing skills and stakeholder relationship management.
- You are digitally savvy including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite and CRM platforms.
- You will hold at least a Class 1 Full Drivers Licence.
We can offer you…
- An exciting, inclusive and supportive working environment.
- A competitive salary.
- Development opportunities with te reo Māori and tīkanga Māori.
- Various professional development opportunities.
- A genuine flexible working environment.
- Computer and mobile phone.
How to apply
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please apply by emailing Nathan McKendry firstname.lastname@example.org your curriculum vitae and cover letter expressing your interest before 11pm Thursday 2nd December 2021. A shortlist will be selected to interview.