TAPAC, The Auckland Performing Arts Centre at Western Springs, is seeking a Community & Communications Coordinator to join our small, enthusiastic team. We're looking for a proactive and confident relationship-builder with excellent communication skills and a passion for the performing arts. This is a wide-ranging role, requiring a range of skills – from scheduling and project coordination to storytelling and content creation. As TAPAC’s key contact with our diverse range of community-based and professional performing arts groups, you will play a vital role in connecting with the community and creatively communicating everything that TAPAC has to offer.
- Managing community bookings for TAPAC’s four performing arts studios and theatre, including: handling contracts; setting up ticketing; monitoring bookings; rostering front of house staff and ushers; supporting and helping to build the creative skills and capabilities of a diverse range of groups
- Marketing TAPAC, its education programmes and events, including: managing TAPAC’s website; creating online and offline marketing collateral and sharing it across a range of platforms; writing TAPAC’s newsletter, media releases and managing publicity for TAPAC co-productions.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Passionate about people and the power of the performing arts to connect communities, build confidence and enrich peoples’ lives
- Commitment to working within the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and to working for equity that reflects the full diversity of the people of Tāmaki Makaurau
- Excellent administration and project management skills, along with the ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- The ability to creatively problem-solve
- Collaborative work style
- Process and systems oriented and the able to manage large volumes of information efficiently
- The ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Confident communicating in person, on the phone and via email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Tech savvy and comfortable working across different online platforms
- Previous digital marketing experience is an advantage (along with basic CMS knowledge, Facebook ads, Mailchimp, Adobe and Canva)
- Basic knowledge of live theatre and previous experience in the performing arts industry is preferred, but not essential
Hours of Work: This is a full-time role of 40 hours a week based at TAPAC in Western Springs. Some shift work may be required.
Established in 2003, TAPAC is a vibrant and busy not-for-profit community performing arts hub based in Western Springs, Auckland. TAPAC’s key areas of focus are the building of performing arts communities and performing arts education.
TAPAC’s vision is to enrich lives through the performing arts. By focusing on developing a depth and diversity of creative talent and communities, TAPAC aims to use the performing arts to enable greater connection, participation and empowerment of Auckland’s people.
How to apply
For a full job description, to apply, or seek further information, please contact TAPAC’s Executive Director Sarah Somerville at email@example.com
Please include your CV and a cover letter addressing your skills, knowledge and experience as it relates to the Community & Communications Coordinator’s requirements.