The Silicone Technician will manufacture innovative and bespoke prosthetic and orthotic devices, working alongside the Silicone Lead to ensure products are of a high and continually improving standard. The Technician will work with and sculpt medical grade silicone using current manufacturing techniques, and will maintain up to date knowledge of new technologies, socket design, interfaces and components.
To be successful in this role you will need to be eager to learn and have a keen interest in sculpture with a good eye for colour. The ideal candidate will also have strong communication skills and the ability to develop good relationships with our prosthetists/orthotists and the wider team, be well- organised and understand the importance of a tidy workspace!
The Silicone Technician will:
- Problem-solve complex prosthetic and orthotic manufacturing issues to optimise the use, function and aesthetic look of the patients’ prosthetic and/or orthotic device
- Skillfully work with and sculpt medical grade silicone to produce high quality products that meet function, aesthetic, safety and comfort standards, within prescription specification and timelines
- Consult with prosthetists/orthotists to educate and ensure best silicone solutions are provided
- Promote silicone in all centres and regional clinics by providing support and education to clinicians and patients
- Consistently work to high standards, applying patience, and concentration
- Deliver high quality solutions to improve scope of business and outcomes for our patients.
This role would be suitable for candidates who have interest in an artistic field, and/or experience working with a range of materials, tools, equipment and machinery.
Peke Waihanga offers a fun and supportive working environment with opportunities for innovation and creativity. We offer flexible working and as such are open to negotiating hours with the successful candidate (though expect it to be between 30 -40 per week).
This is fantastic opportunity to develop your career and have a positive impact on the lives of the people we care for!