All about the job
Pātaka Art and Museum is a vibrant dynamic and innovative Local Government Museum located in the CBD of Porirua. The Museum specialises in Maori and Pacific art and is renowned for its cutting edge Contemporary Art exhibitions.
As a Gallery assistant you are the 'face and host' of Pātaka providing first class customer service. This is a causal position available immediately. Days will be variable for any day of the week, including weekends, with an eight-hour rostered shift.
Your exceptional customer skills will come into play when you:
- positively interact with the public providing them with information about our retail store, hire facilities and our current Gallery programmes
- provide assistance to the front of house team with setting up events and public programs along with ensuring all staff and the public are kept safe during opening hours
- bring a fabulous customer service approach to the Toi store with merchandising and selling of bespoke New Zealand made jewellery and art
- complete opening and closing procedures alongside your fellow team members.
All about you
You'll need to show us that you:
- have availability and enthusiasm to work at short notice
- enjoy and have experience working in a customer service environment
- are confident interacting with internal and external customers and have excellent friendly communication skills
- familiar with applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook along with the ability to learn new systems.
To reduce the risk of harm of Covid-19 to our staff and our community, Council require all staff to be fully vaccinated by 14 January 2022. It has therefore been determined that this role may only be performed by a person who is fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
All about Porirua City
Our city is changing and we need skilled people to help make that happen. Working for Porirua City is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the community. You'll be welcomed into a team that's collaborative, values input and empowers you to make things happen. To top it off, the harbour and bush are at your doorstep; it's the perfect place to work.
What you need to do now
Come and join our team and be part of our welcoming and engaging environment. Please contact Natalie Still on 978 8371 for more information.
Applications need to be received via our careers portal by Sunday, 19 December 2021.
For a position description and to apply, please visit pcc.careercentre.net.nz