- An exciting fixed-term full-time opportunity for a digital creatives wiz seeking industry experience
- For a leading Asia Pacific documentary not-for-profit organisation
- The candidate must be a NZ citizen/resident or have a valid working visa
- Start date: February 2022 (for 11 months)
Doc Edge is a not-for-profit charitable organisation that promotes documentary film and filmmaking. It is a national organisation for the documentary and digital storytelling sectors based in Auckland.
Doc Edge delivers programmes and events throughout the year including the annual Oscar-qualifying International Documentary Film Festival, Industry and Schools Programmes as well as a year-round on-demand platform.
Doc Edge is a COVID-19 compliant organisation. All staff members are required to be fully vaccinated.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Doc Edge is seeking an enthusiastic and proactive graduate digital designer to join our team. You will have your finger on the pulse with developments in the digital space along with the ability to think big and push creativity to new heights.
You will play an important part in growing our brand with design outputs ensuring social channels, website and marketing materials are delivering our stories to our customers. Therefore, a diverse range of visual design and communication skills are essential for this role.
The role will also create and publish all digital content for both internal and external purposes, as well as be responsible for social media engagement and assisting in marketing activities that help to ensure operational activities are in line with the Doc Edge strategic plan.
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Cloud – Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, In-design or equivalent design software will be essential
- Knowledge and experience in e-newsletter software (Pardot)
- General digital marketing knowledge and experience including Facebook, and Google marketing
- Exceptional eye for detail with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organised and able to work well within a small team environment
- Strong work ethic, with an ability to work autonomously and manage time independently
- Monitor, track and distil website traffic data on Google analytics into meaningful insights that could drive customer engagement and ultimately sales
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, tight deadlines and to work effectively under pressure
- Sound practical understanding of modern Workplace Health & Safety Principle
- Uphold personal honesty and integrity and be an ambassador for Doc Edge
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand digital trends and developments
- Design and implement digital marketing strategies including Facebook, SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) & Google Advertising skills desirable
- Maintain, report, and manage paid media campaigns in Google ads and Facebook Business
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in Doc Edge content and recommend new topics
SEO & Google Advertising
- General knowledge of SEO and Google Ads are essential
- Conduct SEO research to optimise and increase Doc Edge website visibility
- Assist in planning and implementing Google Ads campaigns
Social Media Marketing
- Proactively plan and implement social media schedule and content in line with the broader Doc Edge marketing campaigns
- Create and maintain systems and processes to ensure continual and consistent posting and engagement on Doc Edge social media platforms
- Monitor and review social media platforms
- Create graphics for social media, print advertising and marketing collateral
- Ensure all-around brand consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Monitor and track Google analytics data to ascertain content and website traffic
- Regularly maintain website content to keep up to date
How to apply
Submit a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience, alongside your CV to Rachael Penman, General Manager with the subject line: Application for Design and Digital Media Coordinator.
For any questions about any of these roles, you may email Rachael directly. All applications close on Sunday, 23 January 2022, 5pm.