Administrator, Fine Jewels, Watches and Luxury Accessories
Webb’s is New Zealand’s premier multi-department auction house. Our team of specialists offer industry leading service and expertise in Art, Collectors’ Cars, Motorcycles and Automobilia, Decorative & Asian Arts, Jewels, Watches & Luxury Accessories, and Fine Wines & Whiskies. We are committed to promoting outstanding collectibles and achieving excellent results at auction.
Established in 1976, Webb’s has a long and rich history. Founder Peter Webb was a pioneering entrepreneur, establishing and defining markets in art, antiques and collectibles. This powerful legacy motivates us to be the best, most innovative, and most trusted auction house in Aotearoa today.
Our team are dedicated, passionate, and fully committed to achieving outstanding results across the business. Raising the bar at every step is our modus operandi.
This approach continues to bring success and growth. An opportunity has arisen for an excellent candidate to join us in the capacity of Administration Assistant within our Fine Jewels, Watches and Luxury Accessories team.
The successful candidate will be a pragmatic, self-motivated go-getter with sound organisational skills who will take initiative in this dynamic, fast paced environment. This role will require the ability to think on your feet, wear multiple hats and most importantly, work under pressure.
Expectations of this role will include assisting the team with day-to-day administrative tasks such as managing contracts, liaising with clients, data entry, cataloguing, managing shipping / dispatch of goods and in addition to other areas of the business as required.
A professional attitude with the ability to meet deadlines and to prioritise work flow is a key focus.
- Assisting with general administration support to the team
- Working with the Manager, Jewels and Watches to co-ordinate all documentation in preparation of auctions
- Assisting with Auction / venue set-up
- Assisting teams with the bidding process, registering bidders and bids as required
The fundamental success of this role will be the smooth administrative processes relating to client, specialist and consultant communications in addition the ability to communicate professionally with clients and colleagues regarding all aspects of this department.
Qualifications and attributes:
- A desired interest or previous experience with Luxury accessories, Jewels and or watches a distinct advantage
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure
- Excellent administrational and project management skills
- Strong Computer literacy
- Ability to proficiently communicate both verbal and written
In this role, it will require some weekend work due to auction schedules.
You must have Legal right to work and live in NZ.