Opus Orchestra is the professional orchestra for the Waikato and Bay of Plenty. We strive to bring exceptional orchestral performances to audiences across our region, enriching lives and contributing to vibrant arts communities. Established in 1991, Opus Orchestra performs 3-4 times a year in Hamilton, Tauranga, and Rotorua, bringing live music to people throughout the region and providing stimulating performance opportunities for local musicians.
Our ideal stage manager will be:
- Approachable and professional
- An effective communicator and listener
- Self-directed, taking responsibility for own tasks
- Physically able to move heavy objects (timpani, risers, piano)
- Able to work under pressure and problem solve
You will also need a basic understanding of orchestral concert etiquette and procedures (training will be given). A current drivers licence is essential and an HT licence would be an advantage.
The stage manager will be required for rehearsal weekends in Hamilton, dress rehearsals and tour weekends. Current dates for 2022 are: 26-27 February, 12-13 March, 17-20 March, 14-15 May, 19-22 May, 23-24 July, 29-31 July, 1-2 October, and 6-9 October.
Key responsibilities include:
- Transporting equipment between Hamilton, Tauranga and Rotorua
- Setting up the stage for rehearsals and concerts
- Managing rehearsals and concerts, including fire safety