Senior Production Coordinator - Design Studio, Fixed Term
- Be a part of our Design Studio team and help us deliver world-class conceptual art
- Support and assist our internal creative team to deliver design projects for global clients
- Fixed Term Maternity Leave Contract
Wētā Workshop’s award-winning concept design and manufacturing facility have been making cool stuff for over 30 years, right here in Miramar, Wellington.
Applying our innovative artistry to the world’s creative industries we take on projects of any size, scope, or scale, from the earliest stages of creative development through to manufacture and delivery all over the world.
We’re looking for a Senior Production Coordinator to join our Design Studio and provide Fixed Term Maternity Leave cover. In this role, you’ll work alongside our team of Designers, Art Directors and Production staff and help keep our projects creatively excellent and successful.
Working collaboratively with clients from all corners of the globe, our Design Studio conceptualises and visualises incredible ideas. Skilled in 2D & 3D concept design as well as world-building, writing and storytelling, our work spans film, television, gaming, location-based entertainment, and more.
You’ll play a key role in the success of our team by applying your specialist production coordination skills and experience to projects that delight, amaze and create lasting memories.
What will you be doing?
Working across multiple projects with a range of clients, you and the Art Director’s will work closely together to provide support to the internal creative team ensuring they have the information and resources they need to facilitate and successfully deliver projects. Your role will be to:
- Develop and track project milestones, timelines, and budgets with input from the Supervising Production Manager and Production Manager (2IC)
- Manage, coordinate and liaise with all relevant parties to ensure successful project completion
- Coordinate the preparation, collation, and submission of client artwork submissions
- Support the smooth-running production-related processes and systems e.g. asset tracking, record keeping and general administration
What we’re looking for from you?
- Demonstrated success in end to end project coordination
- Ability to quickly pick up and successfully manage workflows and processes
- Ability to effectively problem solve and adapt quickly in dynamic, live project situations
- Eye for detail, commitment to quality and accuracy to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the highest standards
- Ability to collaborate and work well with diverse groups of people at all levels
- Software skills – proficient Office 365 user, ideally familiar with Adobe Creative suite, asset tracking software like Ftrack and cloud-based file sharing systems
With a passion for design, you’ll ideally have worked within the creative industry.
We’re a fun, collaborative team, we lookout for and support each other.
Creative, down to earth and inclusive, we welcome diversity, dogs at work and pretty much anything that makes for a better workday.
You must have the right to live and work in NZ to apply for this job.
Successful applicants require a satisfactory Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions check .