Marketing and Communications Specialist
Ember Innovations are looking for an innovative Marketing and Communications Specialist to bring our media, public relations, marketing and events to life.
Ko wai te whānau nei - Who are we?
Ember Innovations are a team of experienced social innovation and systems strategists, entrepreneurs and mental wellbeing experts. We partner with people, organisations and communities that are ambitious to implement new ideas that add value for better mental wellbeing.
We are working to ensure that every person in Aotearoa can access their choice of wellbeing supports, by investing our energy in innovators to develop and scale high-impact, equitable offerings.
We’re building a community of innovators, start-ups, and entrepreneurs, supporting them to succeed, catalysing capital and advocating for a more inclusive and innovative mental health system.
Te kōwhiringa – The opportunity
Marketing & Communications Specialist
(We will work with you and Te Ahi Kā, our Ember group Maturanga Māori Rōpū to choose an appropriate ingoa Māori that matches your role and personal qualities)
This is a unique role, within a unique organisation. It will require an adaptable, optimistic, creative, and passionate person who can work across multiple mainstream and social media platforms. You are excited to try new ideas to engage our communities, and proactive in creating bicultural content and running inspiring events.
He kai kei ōu ringa – Your skills and potential
We are looking for a marketing and communications specialist to build our reputation by creating and maintaining a Marketing & Communications Strategy and Plan that considers our four central Pou: Connect, Support, Advocate & Challenge.
Under the guidance and support of Ember’s Group Marketing and Communications Manager, your mission will be to enhance the mana and awareness of wellbeing innovators doing amazing work throughout Aotearoa
You will be committed to bicultural and bilingual communications that will reach, attract and weave together a strong, diverse community of supporters.
You will be an early adopter of technology, and keen to explore exciting forms of media that will engage and audience of people who want to see real systems change
You will be part of small but agile and passionate team working nationally and sometimes internationally to influence broader system dynamics and contribute to these outcomes:
- Increased advocacy for mental health, addiction, and wellbeing innovation
- Challenges are tackled through co-design and collective action
- Innovators, entrepreneurs, and enterprises have access to capacity and learning to improve the quality and impact of interventions
- Entrepreneurs and innovators working to improve mental health and wellbeing are enabled, connected, and supported in an active network
- Information and insights are collected, collated, and acted upon to address specific unmet needs & barriers
Apart from your professional skills, your most important qualities will be your ability to connect with kindness to communities/ hapori, innovators, mātau ā-wheako (those with lived experience) and Whānau.
You will have a collective worldview, believe in holistic solutions to wellbeing challenges, and have a burning passion for making a global difference to the way we improve ‘wellbeing’
Navigating your own personal lived experience of mental health addiction challenges or supporting someone close to you may be the reason that makes this mahi so important to you, and whilst it’s not essential for the role, we highly value the wisdom that comes with recovery.
Kei te whakapono mātau ki tō whanaketanga! If you have some of these things but need to develop in other areas, that’s ki te pai, we want to develop you to grow.
- Develop a marketing and communcaitions strategy and plan alongside our Group Makreting and Communications Manager that will support Ember Innovations objectives
- Manage all Ember Innovations communication channels including a suite of social media, mainstream communications, and Press Releases
- Manage and prep the Director on Media Interview enquiries
- Manage website, resources, and content creation
- Join the team in a journey to use te reo and tikanga in our everyday practice and approach including creating bilingual content for external communications.
- Be an integral part of envisioning, planning, and implementing Innovation events
Skills that would be great to have:
- A strong understanding of kaupapa Maori, especially how systems change approaches grounded in Matauranga Maori have been implemented.
- A passion to support our tāngata Tiriti kaimahi to weave mātauranga Māori into our day-to-day through your own personal knowledge or connections
- You find joy in interacting with a diverse range of people and thrive in helping to address their needs
- You have a beginner's mind that allows you to see challenges from fresh perspectives and come up with unique solutions
- A background in one or more of the following: marketing, PR, Communications, SEO, Social Media, Content Management, Events Coordination, Advertising, copywriting, resource development, submissions and grants writing, human-centred design.
• Develop a Marketing & Communications Strategy and Plan
• Create and promote regular content from the team’s insights/ information collection
• Support the growth and connection of our innovation networks alongside our Catalysts
• Prioritise and lead the logistics of our regular events
- Develop a bicultural tikanga framework for internal and external communications
- Pro-actively lead formal communications such as report writing, Press Releases, and Submissions. Lead Ember Innovations writing of submissions to national policy, legislation and strategy
Role – Part-time, 24 hours per week
If you are interested, please use your innovative or creative communications skills to apply by emailing email@example.com