Box Office Team Leader
Auckland Theatre Company is looking for a team leader who will bring their passion, drive and experience to evolving a world-class customer experience.
- Key role as the face of ASB Waterfront Theatre's box office and front desk
- Lead the Auckland Theatre Company customer experience strategy
- Manage the box office and team of Ticketing Assistants
Auckland Theatre Company is looking for a team leader who will bring their passion, drive and experience to evolving a world-class offering and growing the loyalty and engagement of our customer base.
Our busy box office in the ASB Waterfront Theatre has a mission to provide excellent, inclusive and warm customer experience. If you’re a customer service superstar join us and be the face of Auckland Theatre Company for our audiences and visitors.
From our prime location in Wynyard Quarter, you will be part of our Ticketing team, looking after our subscribers, customers and visitors and leading our fantastic team of Ticketing Assistants. You will also assist with administration tasks to keep the theatre running smoothly.
We’re looking for someone with high energy who lives for delighting customers, who will leave them feeling great and wanting to come back.
This position is full-time based at the ASB Waterfront Theatre but will require trips to our Balmoral office. Hours are largely standard office hours, however regular work during performance seasons (evenings and Saturdays) will be required.
- Supervise casual ticketing staff and take responsibility for assisting them as required and ensuring they adhere to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Train new ticketing staff in the ticketing system and box office operations.
- Roster ticketing staff weekly in accordance with guidelines and to a level appropriate to the needs of the business.
- Set outstanding standards of personal grooming and presentation.
- Ensure box office hardware (e.g. phones, ticket printers and computers) is always functioning, and software is up to date.
- Problem solve box office issues including technical problems and customer requests.
- Maintain Box Office Experience (supplies, presentation, staffing)
- Act as the primary contact for visitors to the theatre, including signing in contractors, fielding general enquiries, issuing and co-ordinating parking permits, liaising with couriers, opening/closing blinds, and other visitor service duties as required.
- Build strong customer relations and a high level of customer knowledge.
- Provide customer liaison and ticketing services at remote box offices as required.
- Communicate with customers in the various ways they may choose to communicate with us, including but not limited to in person, phone, email, social media and web chat.
- Collect and keep records of feedback, complaints and customer service requests from audience members and subscribers.
Sales & Ticketing
- Assist with the processing and issuing ticketed events.
- Deliver timely and accurate ticketing services to all customers, within ATC, and to external companies.
- Maintain and update customer database in accordance with Company policy.
- Sell merchandise, tickets, gift vouchers and maintain an accurate record of inventory.
- Be present during evening performances to front face Box Office sales.
- Other general administrative tasks as requested.
CONTRIBUTION TO AUCKLAND THEATRE COMPANY
A high level of professionalism is required in this role. A primary responsibility to ATC and its artistic endeavours is essential. This includes but is not limited to:
- have knowledge of, or a willingness to develop knowledge of, Te Ao Māori/the Māori world view, tikanga Māori/protocols and customs, te reo Māori/Māori language and Te Tiriti o Waitangi/Treaty of Waitangi
- maintaining a productive and effective working relationship with all colleagues to promote a cooperative, inclusive and harmonious working environment in order to facilitate positive employee morale, productivity, and continued improvement;
- dealing with suppliers, contractors, creative staff and actors in a professional and courteous manner at all times; and
- a commitment to learn, grow and faithfully implement inclusive work practices and cultural change to create an open and welcoming workplace for all New Zealanders.
As a not-for-profit theatre company, all staff are expected to lend a hand where required so this role statement is not intended to be exhaustive.
ESSENTIAL (at least two of the below):
- At least one year’s related ticketing or sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing staff, including rostering, training, and/or performance management.
- Experience working in a customer service environment.
- Experience working with Tessitura.
- Experience in a leadership role, such as store manager, assistant manager, team leader, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word applications.
- A passion for the performing arts, a desire to work in a theatre and to develop an outstanding service experience for hirers of the theatre.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise tasks as directed as well as using own initiative.
- Excellent written communication, telephone manner and customer relationship skills.
- Outstanding personal presentation and grooming standards.
- High-level interpersonal skills and the ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information.