Organisation: Able – www.able.co.nz
Employment status: Full-time (40h/week) permanent contract
Role: Entry level, all training provided
Reporting to: Team Leader – Caption Producers
Start date: Negotiable
Eligibility requirements: Applicants for this role must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa, New Zealand
Location: Central Auckland offices (Grafton)
About the role | Mō te tūranga
Captions help to make the magic of television and film accessible for over 880,000 Kiwis who are Deaf and hard-of-hearing. As a Caption Producer, you will work on content for New Zealand’s leading broadcasters, including TVNZ, Discovery and Sky.
About Able | Mō Able
We’re a not-for-profit organisation working towards a more inclusive Aotearoa. We believe everyone should be able to access news, entertainment and culture. Funded by NZ On Air, we’re Aotearoa’s leading provider of media access services, including captioning, subtitling and audio description. Able’s vision is for an Aotearoa in which everyone can access audiovisual media. Supported by cutting-edge technology, our talented team turns content into the shared experience it was made to be.
About You | Mōu
Able’s vision is for an Aotearoa in which everyone can access audiovisual media. So, it’s no surprise that we look for people who are excited to make social impact by working towards a more equitable world.
We look for:
- A love of language, grammar and spelling
- A fast touch-typist with a well-honed attention to detail
- A cool, calm approach to ‘live to air’ deadlines
- An interest in TV, popular culture and current affairs
- Editing experience or an Arts degree or similar is preferable for this entry-level position.
- A meaningful career
- The opportunity to provide services for Aotearoa’s leading broadcasters – TVNZ, Discovery and Sky
- The opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology
- All training provided in-house, with career progression routes
- The opportunity to work within a dedicated, supported team
This full-time (40 hours per week) role requires shift-work.