Pou-ruruku Whakaaturanga Māori me Ngā Iwi Taketake o te Moananui a Kiwa
Pātaka is a vibrant local government museum and art gallery located in Porirua. As well as showcasing the best in Māori, Pacific, and contemporary New Zealand arts, we also aspire to enhance the wellbeing of the people and communities of Porirua through the arts.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our curatorial team, and lead in developing important exhibitions of indigenous art and culture from Aotearoa and the Pacific. You will also work to promote the understanding and enjoyment of Porirua's artistic and cultural heritage.
In this role you will:
- develop important and accessible exhibitions of art and culture from Aotearoa and the Pacific
- ensure that local Māori and Pacific artists and communities participate in meaningful and engaging art & culture experiences
- work with the director to fulfil the vision and mandate of Pātaka as a leader in Māori, Pacific and Aotearoa New Zealand art and culture.
You'll need to show us that you:
- are skilled in the curation of taonga, art, objects and text for a museum /art gallery exhibition and associated programmes
- have knowledge and experience working with diverse cultural communities within a museum or art gallery
- have an in-depth understanding of Mātauranga Māori
- have excellent skills and understanding to manage complex projects and work within budgets
- Can work successfully as part of a team and make a positive contribution.
All about Porirua City
Porirua is changing and we need skilled people to help make that happen. Working for Porirua City is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the community. You'll be welcomed into a team that's collaborative, values input and empowers you to make things happen. To top it off, the harbour and bush are at your doorstep; it's the perfect place to work.
What you need to do now
Come and join our team and be part of our vibrant and engaging environment. Please contact Pātaka Director Ana Sciascia on 04 237 1495 or email firstname.lastname@example.org more information.
Applications need to be received via our careers portal by Thursday, 30 June 2022.
For a position description and to apply, please visit pcc.careercentre.net.nz