Digital Content Assistant
This unique entry level position will provide the successful applicant with hands-on experience working in a digital environment servicing the international contemporary art market. With offices in Auckland and London this is a rare opportunity to learn from industry leaders, using innovative technologies and working across multiple markets.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Gallery Liasion and Content, the role will be primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the gallery membership team ensuring the smooth delivery of service to Ocula Gallery members.
In addition, the right candidate could assist with in-house design tasks for Ocula including print and digital banner design, updating media and sales kits and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the gallery membership team in management of Ocula gallery member profiles including loading exhibitions, art fair catalogues, publications, press, and video materials
- Supporting the editorial team in checking bi-weekly newsletters and image captions as required
- Completing regular audits of gallery member profile pages
- Design of Ocula in-house advertisements, media kits, sales kits, digital renderings and other small design tasks (skill dependent)
- Additional administrative support as required
Key Competencies & Experience:
- University Degree in either Art History, Communications or Design
- Advanced PC skills using Apple. Most of the required tasks are focused on using our own CMS for which full training and support will be provided
- Proficiency in Photoshop and InDesign are desired
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Positive, can-do attitude and a keen eye for detail
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Hours and Location:
This is a contract position for 20-32 hours per week. Located in our central Auckland office.
There is potential for some of these hours to be on a WFH basis.