The Natural Environment Fish Team is commencing production of one of Te Papa's most ambitious publications on New Zealand Fishes. The technical editors need you to coordinate this process.
You will work with the technical editors, external contributors, and members of Te Papa Press (Image Retoucher, Publication Editor).
This position is 30 hours per week until June 2014.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Publishing qualifications or equivalent experience, including: Knowledge of basic editorial and publishing principles and practice, including an awareness of modern book production methods
- Awareness of quality and quality control in imaging, design, text and print production
- A sound grasp of English grammar, syntax, spelling and punctuation
- A tertiary qualification in zoology
- Proven organisational and time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to proactively follow up with providers on delivery to timeframe. Proven experience of Microsoft systems, Word, Excel, etc.
- Some understanding of copyright principles would be an advantage.
- An understanding of fish classification and nomenclature would be an advantage.
See Job Description for details