The Hawke’s Bay Opera House is an independent company with a Board of Directors and a full complement of staff.
Following three years of operation as a company, the Board now wish to move the Opera House to a position as the leading regional theatre complex in Australasia. The responsibility for accomplishing this ambition will fall to the successful applicant for this role.
It is an extensive, fully restored and modernised complex comprising: a beautiful 980 seat, three level, Art Nouveau lyric theatre; a supporting smaller theatre; conference and meeting rooms; an entry and plaza with a retractable roof; a non-site ticketing office; and two tenanted food facilities, one a noted café/bistro and the other a catering company.
Financial stability is assured through ownership by the Hastings District Council, which is an enthusiastic and committed shareholder.
The attributes the successful candidate will need to possess include:
· A minimum of 8 to 10 years experience in the Venue / Entertainment industry or similar/comparable environment;
· A high degree of business and industry awareness and the ability to identify key business opportunities and implement plans so as to capitalise on such opportunities;
· The ability to build strong and ongoing relationships with promoters, event organisers and the Hawke’s Bay community;
· Detailed knowledge of the local and international industry - key players, performance measures and critical success factors;
· Experience in leading and motivating teams to a high level of success;
· Strong leadership skills and interest in the professional / personal development of others and who can provide direction, coaching, encourage teamwork and inspire confidence and high performance from colleagues; and
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate views clearly and convincingly;
· Knowledge and experience ensuring Occupational Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.