Communications Adviser (Maori and Pacific)
Do you want to be part of a creative and dynamic organisation and have the chance to make an impact on arts development across New Zealand? This role provides strategic and operational communications advice and action to support Creative New Zealand’s role as New Zealand’s arts development agency.
The role develops and implements communications strategies for a wide range of Creative New Zealand initiatives and audiences with a particular, but not exclusive, focus on Māori and Pacific arts.
This role is based in Wellington. We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Proven public relations experience including media relations and wider communications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in developing and implementing communication and marketing strategies
- An appreciation of arts development in New Zealand
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- A high level initiative and a can-do attitude
- Fluency in Te Reo Māori would be an advantage
E ngā mātā waka o te motu, e ngā karangatanga maha, te iti me te rahi tēnā koutou katoa, he karere he panui tenei e pa ana ki etahi tunga hou is Toi Aotearoa mo te hunga e hiahia ana kia mahi ai i roto i te ao Toi.
Creative New Zealand (the Arts Council of New Zealand Toi Aotearoa) is the national arts development agency, supporting, promoting and advocating for the arts and artists in New Zealand. We are funded by the New Zealand Lottery Grants Board and directly from the Government through Vote: Culture and Heritage.
Creative New Zealand is a member of the Equal Employment Opportunities Trust with a commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
Proven public relations experience, excellent oral and written communication skills, experience in developing and implementing communication and marketing strategies