Salary Band starts at $37,769
NorthTec is the region's largest provider of tertiary education, with campuses and learning centres in Whangarei and across Northland in addition to over 60 community based delivery points. NorthTec remains the only Tertiary Education Institute (TEI) based north of Auckland that provides programmes from foundation to degree level.
The region's gentle climate, relaxed lifestyle and unbounded opportunities continue to attract people from around the world to Northland's spectacular rural and coastal surroundings.
We currently have an opportunity for a .9 FTE (33.75 hrs), tenured Arts Technician to include New Media and Photography. You will be based in the new Arts block at our Raumanga campus. This position would suit someone with the following skills and preferably have experience in a similar role:
- Proven organisational ability
- Experience in purchasing and maintaining stock levels of materials
- IT skills (Mac OS, Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe CS, Moodle) at a level to provide basic technical assistance to students and tutors
- Experience with audio visual equipment
- Photographic skills to assist students up to degree level
- Ability to manage a booking system for departmental equipment and space
- Ability to maintain computer and photographic facilities in line with Health and Safety policies
- Excellent interpersonal skills to assist staff and students
- Ability to be proactive and good time management skills
- Ability to manage and multitask across disciplines
- Unimarket experience (preferable).
Proven organisational ability, experience in purchasing and maintaining stock levels of materials, IT skills, experience with audio visual equipment, photographic skills
How to apply
Contact for Lindsay Marks, Programme Leader for further information on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 470 3840.
Apply to Human Resources with your completed application form, an up to date CV and a covering letter, by close of business on Friday, 15 March 2013.
NorthTec, Private Bag 9019
Whangarei, New Zealand
Phone 09 470 3772