Arts Administration Assistant (Fixed Term)
OrganisationThe PumpHouse Theatre
Closes3 Jul 2015
Posted on24 Jun 2015
Work typePart time employment
Work classificationPerforming Arts, Management & Admin
We're looking for a friendly and enthusiastic office administrator to join us at The PumpHouse Theatre. You'll support the busy team by undertaking a number of day-to-day office administration tasks while we focus on some big projects over the next six months.
This is a fixed-term position that will begin in July 2015 and will end on Thursday, 24 December 2015.
Key duties will include general office admin tasks like typing and filing, basic accounting, mail and banking, customer service and answering the phone.
Working hours can be negotiated with the Business Manager, however it is expected the position will involve work five days per week.
The person we are looking for will:
- Have great customer service skills
- Be capable and confident in the use of Microsoft Word (including mail merge and label printing) and Microsoft Excel (including formulas and filters)
- Have experience with MYOB Payroll and MYOB AccountRight or similar accounting software, or be able to learn
- Be capable and confident using computer applications such as web browsers and email software and be willing and able to learn new software applications. Knowledge of social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest would be a bonus
- Take pride in their work, be able to self-manage, and ensure tasks are completed on time
- Be friendly and be enthusiastic to work as part of a small team
- Demonstrate a passion for theatre, music or performing arts.