Kagi Jewellery is one of the fastest growing companies in the world and we are looking for a creative, dynamic and driven person to join our team. We are New Zealand designed, owned and operated and set to take over Australasia!
Here you will have the opportunity to design the Kagi jewellery range and instore displays. You will create stunning collections that continue to build on Kagi’s successful mix and match model ensuring Kagi stays ahead of the game.
This dream job works closely with our award winning Design Director Kat Gee and has opportunities for offshore travel.
You will need:
- Bachelor of Design degree
- Advanced sketching, photoshop and CAD (preferable) skills
- 3+ years Product Design experience (this doesn’t have to be jewellery specific but you need to have a passion for jewellery design)
You will have:
- Strong design ability (from concept to completion) where you can design to specific customer needs
- High level of sketching and ability to create watertight specs
- An ability to think across multiple platforms (ie. product, packaging, and instore displays)
- A passion for fashion and jewellery!
- An outstanding portfolio!
- An understanding of commercial realities and ability to meet budgets
- An ability to work with a range of people and embrace constructive feedback
- Initiative and be able to think and act fast
- An ability to decipher industry trends
- An ability to meet deadlines and plan your workload
Your role at Kagi:
- Competitor research and industry trend analysis
- Jewellery & Merchandising design
- Create specifications for all designs
- Lead any customer feedback evenings
- Analyse and understand results of customer testing
- Concept and create a charity design each season
- Liase with different departments at Kagi to ensure designs meet requirements and deadlines
If you are interested in this multifaceted position, and you have the above attributes and skills we look forward to hearing from you. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for you to make both a significant difference and contribution to an already outstanding business.
Download Job Description
Please apply online and attach your CV.
Applications close 20 March 2013
Strong design ability (from concept to completion) where you can design to specific customer needs, high level of sketching and ability to create watertight specs