Doesn’t programming games sound like the sweetest job ever? That’s because it is!
CerebralFix is currently on the hunt for awesome Game Programmers, C# ASP.NET Programmers, and Technical Artists for their rapidly growing studio located in Christchurch, New Zealand. Multiple positions are available!
As a game developer at CerebralFix you will have opportunities to work on games across multiple platforms including Facebook, Flash portals, iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows 7 Mobile, Downloadable (including Steam), PSP, Wii, Playstation and Xbox.
You will also have opportunities to work with major TV and Movie IP’s as well as our own. When we say our own, yes that does mean you will be able to work on your own great game concepts too. At CerebralFix we try to cultivate a highly creative environment where everyone’s ideas are considered.
Game Developers – Make games within a small team with programming duties covering all aspects of the game project. Initially this will be for Flash AS3 projects or mobile devices but may diverge depending on your interests and aptitude.
C# ASP.NET Programmers – Develop the server side code to run Facebook games and web-connected console games. Responsibilities range from web services, Amazon cloud service maintenance
Technical Artists – Take the 2D/3D art and get it into the game. This may include UI & menu programming, background and character animations, particle effects, low level graphics programming (OpenGL), shader development, etc.
- Must have C++, C# or AS3
- Must have Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Game Development from a University or Game School (NZQA Level 7 and above)
- Must have proficient ability with English language
- Nice to have experience in the video game industry
- Nice to have experience in Flash, iPhone or console development
- Ability and readiness to learn and try new things
- Must be passionate, inspired and eager
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to optimize for speed and size to maximize the technological capacities of different devices
- Ability to program in a methodical and structured manner
- Passionate interest in video games and in-depth knowledge of gaming culture
- Ability to move to and live in Christchurch (assistance can be provided)
Must have C++, C# or AS3 and a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Game Development
Apply for this job
Send us an application with the following:
- Your resume
- Your portfolio and/or samples of your work (screenshots, demo’s, testimonials, etc.) – if they are too big for e-mail, please supply us your online portfolio URL
E-mail to the following address, with the position you are interested in the Subject line:
Only retained candidates will be contacted.
CV’s are stored within our database for 12 months.