Event Manager ChchPrimarySchools Cultural Fes
Event Manager for Christchurch Primary Schools Cultural Festival
(Please NOTE commencement date is to be negotiated. It is anticipated there will be a transition period where the successful applicant would be expected to work alongside the present Event Manager. The finish date is also to be confirmed - expected to be the end of September 2013)
Do you have …
- Proven experience in event management and highly developed organisational skills?
- An ability to develop, foster and maintain positive and effective working relationships?
- An eye for detail and love helping make things happen?
- A passion for running great events and growing them?
Christchurch Primary Schools Cultural Festival is a longstanding annual, Canterbury-wide children’s arts festival featuring a showcase of Multicultural Performances, Visual Art Exhibition and Wearable Art Pageants. We have a proud history, having just celebrated our 30th anniversary.
Our vision is to create a festival where primary and intermediate children in Canterburyand
further afield, regardless of their background, have the opportunity to perform and participate fully in a quality setting which allows them to achieve their best, whilst maintaining a supportive and enjoyable atmosphere.
Cultural Festival objectives:
- To acknowledge and promote Tangata Whenua
- To foster participation not competition whilst striving for excellence
- To create opportunities for development and upskilling of both participants and key personnel
- To celebrate and promote cultural diversity
- To instill in children a sense of pride and excitement in their culture and performance.
We are seeking an experienced individual to lead and co-ordinate a team to achieve the vision and objectives of the ‘Festival’.
The successful applicant will have
- a proven record of experience and success in co-ordinating events
- excellent communication, team leadership skills and a collaborative approach
- a positive solution focused approach
- a strong commitment to meeting and upholding the ‘Festival’s objectives
- a flexible approach to meet the needs of those contributing to the festival
- exceptional administrative skills; competence using Microsoft Windows programmes (word, email, excel) preferred
This position requires exceptional organisational skills and the ability to foster and maintain positive and effective relationships with a wide range of participants, schools, suppliers, contractors, sponsors and other community groups. The job description is attached.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please email applications, including a detailed CV and covering letter, outlining relative experience, qualifications, skills and strengths to:
‘Chairperson Christchurch Primary Schools Cultural Festival Committee’ at
You may also be interested to view our website www.culturalfestival.co.nz
Job Descrpition attached