Music wanted for "Penny Black" Movie
Penny Black is a New Zealand feature film currently in Post Production, directed by Joe Hitchcock and Produced by Fiona Jackson. The low budget film was shot on the new RED Scarlet Camera over the past 6 months across the North Island.
Although we have a talented composer on board, we're looking for existing songs to make the soundtrack more dynamic.
The soundtrack currently features "alternative" music, while other genres can fit in the depths of the sound design (passing car stereos, supermarket radio etc). So we're looking for a range of styles and genres.
We're particularly interested in music tracks that:
- are considered "Experimental" or a new twist on a classic sound
- don't have a lot of vocals
- are upbeat (think road-trip comedy movie)
- have anarchist, leftist political and/or anti-capitalist lyrics
- are recorded with professional or semi-professional production value.
MORE INFO ON THE FILM:
Get in touch if you think you have suitable music and want to hear your music in a cinema!
Pre-recorded music suitable for a film soundtrack.