Changing Minds Board Secretary
CHANGING MINDS BOARD SECRETARY
Changing Minds is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and energetic person for the role of Board secretary on a voluntary basis.
Changing Minds is a small and friendly organisation dedicated to the development of projects which advance self determination and meet the needs of those who have experienced mental health and/or addiction issues. We work toward an equitable and socially inclusive society for all peoples. For more information on Changing Minds, please visit our website: http://changingminds.org.nz/.
This is a small part-time voluntary role of approx 5-10 hours per month. Although it is voluntary we are hoping to find someone who can commit to the role in the specified hours each month.
Duties will include:
-Coordination of monthly Board meetings
– booking venues, arranging catering, getting all necessary papers together.
-Drafting minutes during meeting and emailing out to Board members after writing them up in a timely manner.
-Ensuring all necessary papers are made available to Board members prior to meetings
Reports to: the Changing Minds manager to ensure all tasks are completed and on track for each meeting.
What we can offer in return:
• An opportunity to contribute positively to the community • Access to new skills and experience
• An opportunity to meet new people • Something that will look great on your CV
• Assistance with travel costs and other expenses
How to apply: Please send your updated CV and covering letter to the manager: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm on Friday 8 March 2013.
We welcome applications from those who have had experience of mental health and/or addiction issues.
• Experience in taking minutes and report-writing • Proactive and uses initiative • Good organisational skills • Library, resource centre, or cataloguing experience preferred • Well dev