The Duffy Show - Touring Opportunity 2013
2013 Audition Announcement
Duffy Books in Homes are looking for 6 Actors for a 2013 national tour of The Duffy Show.
- Two Auckland based teams (three actors in each team) to tour for a period of approximately 9 months. The tour begins February 11th and ends at the end of term 3 (of the primary school terms).
- The show is performed in Duffy Schools around New Zealand. Duffy Schools are all low decile primary schools.
- For more information on the Duffy Books in Homes programme check out: www.booksinhomes.org.nz
- The tour travels the length of New Zealand from the bottom of the South Island to the top of the North. This tour is an amazing opportunity to see the corners of this beautiful country!
- Each team performs The Duffy Show twice a day, 5 days a week and is a great way to develop your craft and gain confidence as an actor.
- Actors are paid a decent wage, and per diems and accommodation are paid when away from your base in Auckland
- Each team is provided with a car and trailer to travel from school to school and around the country. Petrol and any other travel costs (i.e ferries) are covered as part of the tour.
- Script workshop December 4th - 7th
- Rehearsals in Auckland January 14th - February 8th
What are we looking for?
- Actors who are looking for a slightly more long term opportunity than most acting gigs
- Actors willing to perform generously with a youthful audience
- Actors with basic abilities to sing and play musical instruments
- Actors with full drivers license
- There is a strong Maori and Pacific Island influence in The Duffy Show and is a requirement for certain characters.
Wellington auditions will be held on Wednesday 14th November
Auckland auditions will be held on Thursday 15th November
If you have any questions please contact Sarah or send CV to:
Acting, Singing, Play Musical Instrument